Thursday, September 2, 2010

need a pick-me-up? read a little letter...

Sweet Husband is a people-watcher.
I'm not that interested in that sport
unless it's a baby or something else otherwise irresisitble.

However, if I was a resident of New York City,
as our oldest son and his wife are,
I'm thinking people-watching would be unavoidable.

I've been to New York City a few times...
ridden the subway, hoofed it amongst the skyscrapers,
seen my life flash before my eyes in a cab...

...and I've witnessed the people of New York City.
There's really no telling who you'll encounter... such as,
a man with no pants, unless you count under-pants...

(no I'm not talking about "The Naked Cowboy")

...and he posed for a photo...yes...I can prove it.
He said something about a bicycle injury and
is pointing to the alleged injury in the picture.

Living in Small-Town-USA, I don't see things like this.

We don't have a subway...unless you're talking sandwiches,
our skyscraper is the new four-story Comfort Inn by the interstate,
and the only cabs we see hold drivers in their pick-up trucks.

So...you can imagine why Sweet Husband and I love reading
our daughter-in-law's new blog called "Little Letters".

Each entry is a little letter (hence the name! ...I'm here to serve...)
to interesting and unique people she encounters during her days...
and what she would say to them...if she could...if she dared.

You should check it out.
Once you do...you'll be going back for more.
It's an instant pick-me-up...so clever...so great!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm honored Kay! Thanks so much for the sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete