...and so it begins. I rebelled against the blogosphere for as long as I could. I'm still not a Facebook-er...though I do look at photos and such via my daughter's page...does that make me a Facebook stalker?... nor do I "tweet"...does anyone really care that I switched my toenail polish from Prissy Pink to Drop Dead Red? ...don't think so.
The prospect of blogging began to intrigue me when I came across a line in a Valley of Vision prayer...that line was "Here a glimpse, there a glory." As soon as my eyes swept over it and it connected to my brain, I thought, "That would be a great blog name." I didn't immediately say anything to my sweet hubby, because I didn't want to get his hopes up that I might actually be considering a ticket to cyberspace, as he himself has been a blogger and tweeter for some time now. It was a big step that I needed to ponder, mull over and roll around in my mind for awhile.
Why would I become a blogger? Maybe because my mind is going (ARGH!!!!) and it would be a good way to journal. Do I really have anything to say? Definitely nothing life-changing or earth-shattering. Do I really have anything to say that others would find worth reading? I've learned much from and been encouraged / challenged by other bloggers...perhaps blogging can be a way to "stir up one another to love and good works." (Hebrews 10:24) Wouldn't blogging eat up a lot of time? Maybe...but, it also might be a better investment of time than say...Facebook-stalking!
I did eventually share my thought with my sweetness and he was all over it like our yellow lab, Jonah, is with a raw-hide chewey. Now...several months later I've surmised it's time to batten down the hatches and let 'er fly. So, as Jackie Gleason used to say, "...and away we go!" (...does anyone even remember who Jackie Gleason was...sigh...)
I started blogging too because my mind was also going "argh!!" and in desperate need of venting...plus, I just found out I was preggo.
ReplyDeleteoooooo ooooooo ooooooooo....I just noticed something. Looks like you started a blog Dec 4, 09. I started mine that day a year prior (I think I did that day) because I found out preggo on Dec 4, 08.
ReplyDelete