Thursday, June 9, 2011

gray simmons. joy unspeakable...

Ahhhh...and who might this be
rocking my world
and invading my heart
provoking tidal waves of emotion
washing through me with each thought
and crashing over me with each gaze...
although only digitally grasped
instead of cuddled cheek to cheek?

'Tis the firstborn of my firstborn,
Grayson Michael Simmons,
and the second baby born to my babies
effectually marking the passage of time
by throwing open wider still the storehouses of blessing
and faithfulness of our eternal Father
from generation to generation to generation.

...and, once again, I am consumed with joy unspeakable!

       Grayson Michael Simmons
       June 6, 2011

"For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations."
Psalm 100:5



2 comments:

  1. It stinks to just have that "digital image." I've wanted to be Mommy for as long as I can remember.... I was in North Dakota, 24 hours away from anyone or anything I knew, and I get a card in the mail with an ultrasound pic in it. I cry. Months later, I get a VHS of another u/s, this time with audible heartbeat. I cry harder. I missed my sister's whole 1st pregnancy. My mom called me when sis was in labor and gave me the play by play. AND... I got to hear my nephew's (now almost 7) first cry through what I called the "stupid piece of plastic" also known as the phone. I cried harder than he did, I think. I didn't get to see him until he was 3 weeks old. Then, the next time I saw him, he was almost 9 MONTHS old. I felt like (and still do) he was mine. I don't know what it feels like for your baby to have a baby (I'll just keep mine little for now), but I do feel ya. And why am crying now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! He's so sweet! Thank you for your sweet words on my blog about our move! We are truly blessed and amazed at how God fulfills His promises!

    ReplyDelete